*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 05, 2015

Twin Lakes Loop Scout Camp July 24, 2014

This was hike number one of two for our Scout camp this year and we had boys who wanted to fish so we thought we'd take them to Twin Lakes.  I had never been to these lakes so we figured the elevation gain wasn't much and that it would be a good starter hike since the next day we were going to do the "Summit" hike.  It started out kind of cool and rained/hailed on us for most of the way to the lake.  We headed down the Snowshoe cabin way there and took the Blakiston creek trail on the way back.  Once we reached the lake the wind was making the lake too choppy to fish and the boys were kind of cold from being wet so we decided just to keep on hiking instead of stopping too long and getting colder.  It was a long day, a little disappointing for the avid fishers but still a beautiful stroll with nice green lush scenery

Nice little meadow with Kishinena Peak in back ground and bear grass in bloom in lush meadow
Finding shelter from the rain, this was at the Goat Lake turn off


Snowshoe Campground, we actually had a break in the rain and the sun shone for a while

Creek at Snowshoe





One of the Twin Lakes

The view of the choppy water that day

Looking up to the continental divide ridge above Twin Lake Campground

Cold, disappointed fishers


The 2nd Twin Lake looking back toward the way we came

Snow in July

Looking down on the 2nd Twin Lake as we gained elevation to come back the Blakiston creek way

Heading down now looking towards Lone Mountain on left

Un-named lake (we called it Scout Lake this day)

It was more of a swamp than a lake

We saw many nice waterfalls on the way back along the Blakiston creek

Another nice view

Looking up the col to Anderson Peak

Looking back at Hawkins

Another creek view


Google Track of Hike

Stats of Hike:
Total distance: 25.58 km (15.9 mi)
Total time: 8:06:01
Moving time: 8:06:01
Average speed: 3.16 km/h (2.0 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 3.16 km/h (2.0 mi/h)
Max speed: 6.14 km/h (3.8 mi/h)
Average pace: 18:60 min/km (30:35 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 18:60 min/km (30:35 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 9:46 min/km (15:43 min/mi)
Max elevation: 2062 m (6765 ft)
Min elevation: 1468 m (4815 ft)
Elevation gain: 2369 m (7773 ft)
Max grade: 44 %
Min grade: -30 %
Recorded: 7/24/2014 10:59 AM

.

No comments:

Post a Comment