*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 11, 2015

Gordon Lake Fishing Trip September 2-4, 2006

This wasn't a hike but it was truly a path less taken, in an area very few people see.  It was the annual fishing trip for the profession I work for and I missed this trip the year before, bottom of the totem pole at work.  But this year I got to attend and we flew a float plane up to a lake north of Yellowknife called Gordon Lake.  Here we got to fish and relax for 3 days in the seclusion of Northern Canada.  I've never been much of a fisher but this is my kind of fishing, we had a guide that took us around.  He also did all the dirty work, all we got to do is relax and catch fish.  It was a fun time and the area was so pretty and the few days we had were just beautiful.

Proof I actually caught a fish

Docked for lunch

Heading into the wind

Northern lights, they were amazing that night

Northern lights over the fishing lodge

More northern lights

Even more

Last picture of the Northern Lights

Sunrise through the morning fog

Calm morning in the fog

"The early bird gets the worm" one boat leaving pretty early

Driving into the fog

Traci's big catch and it wasn't our guide behind her!

Perfectly still water

Fishing rod caught in the reflection picture

Sun setting

Getting ready to head out with our fishing guide

Flying home with the Northern Landscape below

So much water and land in Northern Canada

Ariel view of the camp lodge (can't see it very well)

Beautiful views down below

Almost to Yellowknife, that is the Great Slave Lake in the distance

Yellowknife coming into sight

Yellowknife from above


No comments:

Post a Comment