*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 08, 2015

Lineham Peak July 18, 2012

My older brother and brother-in-law came with me on this hike.  I had hiked this mountain before and we were thinking we could maybe bag Hawkins the same day.  Well we got up to the Lineham Lakes lookout and my brother-in-law was pretty tired so my brother and I decided we would go try Hawkins, well we got to the Lineham Ridge high point on the Tamarack Trail hike and decided Hawkins was too far away so we headed back and met up with my brother-in-law and we summited just Lineham instead.  It was a nice clear day and the distant peaks were covered in snow and the views were spectacular.  As we came down Lineham to meet up with the trail we came across a beautiful area full of bear grass in bloom.

Rowe Meadow, pretty little valley below us

Looking up to the "Lineham" ridge as I call it

Continental divide ridge above us to the West

Looking back at the valley we came up 

Looking across to Upper and Lower Rowe Lakes

Lineham Lakes probably the most secluded area of the park with Blakiston highest point behind

Another picture of just the lakes

Hawkins peak up above another Lineham Lake

Another view with a couple more Lineham Lakes in view

Picture with Blakiston on left and Lineham on right (Waterton's two highest peaks)

David on top of "Lineham" ridge high point taking a picture of the sweet view we had

Glacier Park peaks in the distance covered in snow

Looking north toward the castle area and Lone Mountain in the middle of picture

Rowe peak above Upper Rowe Lake and Rowe Meadow to the center right of picture

From Lineham Peak looking down on Lineham Cliff and the Falls

Looking out toward the prairie with Crandell on the left

Cluster in the middle is Carthew, Buchanan and Alderson Peaks with Cleveland highest point in the far distance on the left

Blakiston across the way, from here it looks way too steep to climb

Closer view of the Lineham Cliff and Falls

Cliff shot down from Lineham Peak

Aforementioned bear grass area coming down

More bear grass, this area a few years ago had an avalanche which comes across the Rowe Lakes trail, so not sure what this area looks like now

Another bear grass picture

Looking over to where Rowe Meadow lies

Surrounded by bear grass picture

Approximate path we took this day

No comments:

Post a Comment