*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 06, 2015

Blakiston Falls, Red Rock Canyon, "Sofa" Falls, Crandell Lake and Cliff Jumping in Waterton Lake August 20-22, 2013

This was not exactly a hiking day but it was a path less traveled by.  We were camping as a family with my sisters family in Waterton and we did a bunch of traditional activities and a few not so traditional things.  Our family has always enjoyed going to Red Rock Canyon and hiking up the canyon as far as we can go and sliding down the few slide waterfalls we can find and swimming in the couple swimming holes along the way.  On one of the days we hiked to along the Mt. Sofa trail to a waterfall with the oldest 4 kids.  Rod and I had hiked Mt. Sofa before and we figured the kids would enjoy the hike.  Then another day in the morning we hiked to Crandell Lake from Crandell campground and did a little fishing.  All my kids caught a fish that day thanks to their Uncle.  We then took the older kids to some cliffs that afternoon on Upper Waterton lake and cliff jumped off of them.  We had to canoe over since the good cliffs are only accessible by boat.  All in all it was a great week at Waterton camping and the kids sure loved the time we spent with cousins.

Family shot at Blakiston Falls

Swimming hole hiking up Red Rock Canyon

Waterfall at Red Rock Canyon

Lazy-boy recliner at Red Rock

Another swimming hole at Red Rock

Climbing back Red Rock

Water falling down on us at Red Rock

Mt. Anderson at Red Rock Canyon

Another waterfall near Red Rock Canyon

"Sofa" Falls as we called it

We took the oldest 4 kids between the two families and hiked up the trail of Sofa Mountain towards this little waterfall, here is the prairie view from our hike.  As you can see there was a forest fire here in 1998

Me and my two oldest at our "Sofa" falls

On the trail to Crandell Lake

Fish for Carter

Fish for Parker

Fish for Brittnee

Fish for Mattie

Hiking back from Crandell Lake

Heading out to cliff jumping in the canoe

Cliff jumping in Upper Waterton Lake...burrrr!
Sofa Falls Track

Crandel Lake Track


No comments:

Post a Comment