*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 06, 2015

Mount Brown Lookout August 9, 2013

This was my first hike using the Google Tracks App.  So any other older hikes than this will not have the exact route I took.  I was trying out two apps on this hike and I preferred the Google one so this track is only for the descent of the hike.  This lookout was built in the late 1920's and was manned until the 1970's.  We were on a family vacation in the Kalispell Area and so I decided I wanted to do a hike.  I had just purchased the Falcon Guide "Hiking Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Parks" and I wanted to do the most difficult hike they had listed in Glacier Park. So we picked this one and it was quite a climb even though it was all trail. The elevation gain for the day was over 4000 feet and if not in shape this is quite hard. I think I almost put my father-in-law in the grave that day...he hasn't hiked with me since! Anyways a beautiful day with a beautiful vista, enjoy.

Carter with Edwards Peak behind


Edwards Peak again on right and Little Matterhorn left of center

At the Lookout with Edwards Peak 

Lake McDonald below from Mt. Brown Lookout

The Lookout

This is Mt. Brown Peak, we didn't have enough energy to try that this day, another time though

Looking East toward Glacier Park Summits (Heaven's Peak on left and Cannon on right)

Father and Son Picture overlooking Lake McDonald

Mount Brown Ascent Track

Google Track of Hike (only the Descent)

Stats of Descent of Hike:
Total distance: 7.83 km (4.9 mi)
Total time: 2:57:25
Moving time: 2:00:55
Average speed: 2.65 km/h (1.6 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 3.89 km/h (2.4 mi/h)
Max speed: 9.95 km/h (6.2 mi/h)
Average pace: 22:39 min/km (36:28 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 15:27 min/km (24:51 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 6:02 min/km (9:42 min/mi)
Max elevation: 2272 m (7454 ft)
Min elevation: 992 m (3255 ft)
Elevation gain: 11 m (35 ft)
Max grade: 0 %
Min grade: 0 %

Recorded: 8/9/2013 2:52 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment