*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 09, 2015

Carthew and Alderson Peaks August 20, 2011

This hike was the first time I had climbed two named peaks in one day.  The goal was Carthew and Alderson peaks and the goal was attained.  I hiked with a friend that I've had for many years, we grew up together and live only a block away from each other now.  The hike was mostly on trail via the Carthew/Alderson Summit hike but we had a couple detours to summit both the aforementioned peaks as well.  The Summit views on both peaks were amazing but I did enjoy the view from Alderson a little more as it was just spectacular.

Cameron Lake almost a sheet of glass

Mt. Custer overlooking Cameron Lake

Carthew Peak on the right from the Summit Ridge

On top of Carthew ridge looking back and Cameron Lake just coming into view on left

On Carthew Peak looking down on the Carthew and Alderson Lakes

Looking north towards Blakiston 

Me on top with a little cairn and Alderson Peak behind, my next summit for the day

Looks like I'm standing on a cliff but I'm actually sitting

Buchanan Peak in the middle

Coming down Carthew and getting ready to climb Alderson behind us

Heading up Alderson we got a great view of Alderson Lake below

Another view of the lake with the summit trail below as well

Looking back as we climb Alderson (Carthew peak on right)

On top of Alderson looking down on Bertha Lake

There were two summit cairns on Alderson, this is the bigger one

Buchanan Ridge and Peak to the north of us

Carthew Peak and Lakes north west of us

Glacier park to the south

Kintla and Kinnerly peaks to the left and Long Knife peak to the right

Cleveland on the left and Olson Mountain in the middle

Close up of Cleveland and a sliver of Upper Waterton Lake below it

Gap between Bertha and Richards shows the Upper and Middle Waterton Lakes

Alderson Lake from the top of Alderson

This cliff on Alderson is pretty steep, wouldn't want to fall down that one

Summit Cairn with Chief on left and Cleveland on right

Another view of the cliff of Alderson and the Lake below

Heading down Alderson to the first Carthew Lake

That is Alderson behind me now from just before we reach Alderson Lake

Approximate path we took for this hike

Video from Carthew Peak

View from Alderson Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment