*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 09, 2015

Ensign Peak Salt Lake City September 12, 2010

My Parents were about to go on an LDS mission to Cambodia for 18 months so my wife and I drove them down to Utah so that they could go to the Missionary Training Center.  We had a fun few days there and on the night of September 12, 2010 my Dad and I decided we wanted to go see the sun set on Ensign Peak north of the Sate Capitol Building.  It was a spectacular night and we had a really great time climbing up there together. These pictures are in order of time it's just the camera took the pictures at varying degrees of light input.

Sun setting on the Great Salt Lake

Salt Lake City

Down town Salt Lake City

Getting a little darker

Crescent Moon over the city

Sun gone and sky all pretty

Completely dark now with just the city lights

Me on Ensign Peak

Had to include this picture of the Sunset the night before as we dined at the Roof Restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial building and watched the sun set over the Salt Lake Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment