*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 15, 2015

Summit Hike Spring 2001

A bunch of us had just finished our University semesters and we were down in Southern Alberta for the summer and decided to go hike the Carthew/Alderson Summit hike.  This was the first hike I did with my wife who was my fiance at the time.  It was a great day, and very beautiful.  We had a lot of snow on the mountains all around us and even on the trail.  Great time and great company.


At Summit lake with our group of hikers

My fiance and I with Lake Wurdeman in the background

Group shot on the false summit of the hike

My future wife and I on the false summit

Cameron Falls at the end
No track included or picture of route as this is a very common trail on all Waterton maps

No comments:

Post a Comment