*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 10, 2015

Lineham Peak Scout Camp August 12, 2010

This was my summer scout camp for 2010.  We decided to give the boys a little challenge and the group I had I figured was capable.  So we started out to Summit Mt. Lineham.  This is done easiest by going through Rowe Meadow and take the Tamarack Trail all the way to the Lineham Lakes lookout and then heading strait up to Lineham from there.  The descent was exactly the same.  I did this a couple years later and descended down the mountain straight to the south and joined up with the Rowe Lakes trail below Lineham peak.  There is no track for this hike as it is included on the other time I did Lineham peak.

Rowe Meadows looking toward Lineham Peak

Rowe Meadow looking toward the trail we'll be taking

Looking down as we hike up

Some rams we saw along the way

Close up of the rams

Our little scouts looking at the rams

There were a few real big ones

There is a deer behind the snow there

Lineham Lakes

The view looking up to Lineham Peak

The view looking down the cliff below

Cairn in sight

On top with great view of surrounding peaks

Blakiston Peak to the north

Lineham Cliff from above

Lineham Lakes and Hawkins summit on right

Only two of the boys made it to the top, the rest ran out of gas

Cameron Lake on left and Upper Rowe Lakes on right and Lower Rowe Lake on bottom left

Bear we saw on the way out (along the road not on the trail)

No comments:

Post a Comment