*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 10, 2015

Highline Trail Glacier National Park August 7, 2010

This was another family excursion, we were having a family reunion south of Glacier Park and on our last day we decided to have some of the older kids and a few adults hike the Highline trail/Garden Wall.  You begin at the Logan's Pass visitor center and hike all the way to the Granite Park Chalet and then head down from there down to the bend in the Logan's Pass road.  It is a fairly easy hike this direction because it is mostly flat and then downhill from the Chalet.  We had a beautiful day and saw some pretty impressive views.  Again since this hike is all trailed, no track will be included.

Sun rising over the mountains at Logan Pass visitor center parking lot

Our group ready to go

Trail we took with car road below

Little hazy this day but nice view down the valley

View again of our trail and the car road

Looking back at Mt. Reynolds

Not much of an incline yet

It is quite the cliff below this trail and above

Looking down towards where we will end up for the day 

Waterfall along the way

Mt. Oberlin across the way

Heaven's Peak covered in snow in the distance

We met a little friend along the way

View of Mt. Reynolds on the left, Clements right of center and Oberlin on the right

Looking at the pass between Haystack Butte on left and Mt. Gould on right

Triple peaks Clements, Oberlin and Cannon

Group shot in front of the 4 peaks behind us

4 Peaks l-r Reynolds, Clements, Oberlin and Cannon

Heaven's Peak

You can just see the road down below in the valley

Haystack Butte

One nephew almost got away!

Another waterfall

Heaven's Peak again

Cool cliffs above us

Look Mom a cliff! (we took this picture to freak out his mom later)

You can just barley see through the haze Lake MacDonald between Cannon and Mcpartland

Great shot of the peaks behind us (I believe is called Garden Wall)

Granite Park Chalet in the distance, almost there

Our group at the Chalet

No comments:

Post a Comment