*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 06, 2015

Goat Lake Scout Camp hike July 22, 2014

This hike I was accompanying the younger scout troop of our ward.  I got to come along because I was a father of one of the boys and the other leader invited me.  This is a pretty straight forward hike and the day was quite nice.  We got to the lake and let the boys do some fishing and all of them caught at least one fish and they even got to eat them for lunch.  The other time I had been to Goat Lake was the last hike I did with my father before he passed away, we had done Avion ridge and Newman peak.  So this part of the park has a special place in my heart.


Mt. Anderson on the other side of the valley
Goat Lake


Very calm day with hardly any wind

Getting ready to fish

Newman Peak on the right

Nice reflection on the lake

More fishing
  
Bridge picture

Waterfall just before the lake on the way down

Another waterfall picture

Pretty thick brush on the trail, good thing there was a trail!

Google Photo Sphere at Lake

Google Track of Hike

Stats of Hike:
Total distance: 14.37 km (8.9 mi)
Total time: 4:58:01
Moving time: 4:38:02
Average speed: 2.89 km/h (1.8 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 3.10 km/h (1.9 mi/h)
Max speed: 6.26 km/h (3.9 mi/h)
Average pace: 20:44 min/km (33:22 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 19:21 min/km (31:08 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 9:35 min/km (15:25 min/mi)
Max elevation: 2038 m (6686 ft)
Min elevation: 1476 m (4843 ft)
Elevation gain: 4229 m (13874 ft)
Max grade: 34 %
Min grade: -191 %

Recorded: 7/22/2014 7:55 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment