*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 11, 2015

Cameron Falls NWT September 7, 2006

When I hear Cameron falls I first think of the falls in Waterton but when I moved to Yellowknife I think of the Cameron Falls east of Yellowknife.  We lived in Yellowknife NWT for two years from January 2005 to December 2006 and this was a hike we did many times but this was the last time we did it and we had my mom up visiting.  We had  just finished a few day fishing trip on Gordon Lake and my mom had come up to watch our two kids.  The Yellowknife area is a very pretty area full of lots of lakes and trees and for the most part it is covered in snow but in the summer the long days make it ideal for doing outside stuff except for the amount of bugs and mosquitoes that are present.

The area around Yellowknife has lots of bedrock and on this trail you hike on a lot of it

Kids by a little inukshuk

Picture with the falls

Cameron Falls NWT

Another shot with all the fall colors around

Looking left down the river with all the fall colors

Fall in Yellowknife starts early this was only September 7 but looks like October from where I'm from

Another view of the falls

Last family picture with Cameron Falls, we must have come her over half a dozen times and enjoyed coming each and every time

On our way back

One of my favorite pictures of my son with his "inukshuk"

Almost done

No comments:

Post a Comment