*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

November 08, 2015

Red Rock Canyon Family stroll July 20, 2012

Hiking up Red Rock Canyon has been something I have done more times than I can count.  This time was a little more memorable as it was the last time we did it with Dad and this was probably the largest "family" group I had gone up with.  We had a great time and I love having the waterproof camera for times like these. This canyon water is probably some of the coldest water in the park since it is all mostly glacier fed water and never gets too warm, one just gets used to it I guess.  It is neat to see the differences year by year along the Canyon.  Water changes the landscape from year to year.  For many years there was this dam formed from a long jam and it was holding back tonnes of gravel, and a few years back the dam finally gave in and the resulting change was amazing.  This was the last year before the dam gave way as you can see from the pictures we had to climb through the dam.

Dad helping my sister up

I love the color of the rock here hence the name Red Rock Canyon

The splash dad made

Brittnee jumping in

Andy jumping in

My older brother was really brave and did a hand stand in the water

Underwater shot

One of the many waterfalls along the way

Selfie with the waterfall

David sliding down another slide

Andy thinking about doing the same

Starting to head back

Sydney getting ready to jump in

Our crew of cousins

The canyon is quite beautiful all around and pictures just don't do justice

David re-directing the water to try and splash Andy

My lazy-boy recliner spot

Heading back

The kids needed help at times

This was the Ariel pose on the rock from the Little Mermaid

Jackson getting lowered through the tree dam

Waiting after the tree dam

We needed a few adults to lower the kids through the dam


No comments:

Post a Comment