*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 31, 2020

Eiffel Peak August 27, 2020 Banff National Park, Alberta

 So our family holiday this week took us to beautiful Banff national park.  We camped for 6 nights there.  The day we did Eiffel Peak we got up at 4am and drove to Moraine Lake and arrived at the parking lot at about 5:45am and there was only about 5 spots left.  We then had a nap in the vehicle and I took a few sunrise shots before we started hiking.  Carter and I did Eiffel Peak while the rest of the family went on to Sentinel Pass.  It was a beautiful day, with like no wind at the top of the mountain.  We only saw 6 other people on the Eiffel trail which is pretty good, cause when we did Temple 2 years ago the train of people was probably the most I'd ever seen on a mountain.  Once down we took our canoe out for a paddle on Moraine Lake.  By bringing our canoe we saved $200.00 an hour.  To rent it costs $100 per hour for 3 people...crazy.

Long exposure with the GoPro

Sun coming up on our beautiful day

The Valley of the Larches

Sentinel Pass

Our goal for the day

Pretty clear trail the entire way up

Cool opening over to Pinnacle and Temple

On top looking down on Moraine Lake and the Larch Valley

Paradise Valley

Looking East to Temple

The 10 peaks of the Valley of the 10 peaks

Eiffel Tower for which the mountain was named

Huge summit Cairn

Carter Posing on the cliff

Canoeing on Moraine Lake

Another canoeing shot

I could have spent all day here, it was so nice

Family shot vacation 2020

Track of Hike



No comments:

Post a Comment