*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 14, 2021

Coral Ridge Attempt August 8, 2021 Job/Cline Public Land Use Zone Alberta

So today was a free day with not much planned but we knew we wanted to do a few things with the triplets.  So we went fishing, jumped in the lake, went to a suspension bridge and then in the evening we thought it would be great to do a sunset hike.  Well the hike was a fail.  In looking on gaia it said the trail was only 2.7 km to the top (I need to research better). Well that was only the last stretch of the hike, it was actually more like 5km each way and more elevation gain and the trail was pretty hard to find in the bush, I don't think it has been hiked much, I was willing to keep going but the rest were not so we turned back.  Also we wanted a sunset summit and since I misjudged the distance we left way to late and the sun set  before we even got close and it was also cloudy so there wasn't really a sunset.  Anyways to make a long story short we got to a high point which was still gorgeous, and took in the evening sky there, the smoke had cleared and we had a beautiful night, minus the summit.  Anyways we hiked out in the dark and still had a great time.  This Cline area is really neat and I'll have to come back here more in the future.  We had a few amazing starry nights and some really neat views throughout our 3 days and 2 nights. 

First night stars

Abraham Lake was really high, Coral Ridge in the Background

Fishing, we only caught one

I explored a bit up and down the river where we fished and got this great shot of Coral Ridge that we would attempt to climb later

Before our evening hike we went to this suspension bridge and checked it out

View from the other side of the bridge

View of bridge

Our high point on the hike off in the distance is where we wanted to go originally on our back backing overnight trip (Lake of the Falls, maybe next years)

Taking in the night sky

The only ray of sunshine on the mountains we got, too cloudy

Heading back down

Gorge of Coral Creek, Awesome!

Couple Toads we found on the way down

2nd Night stars

3rd Day morning sunrise on Abraham Lake

Track of Ridge Attempt


No comments:

Post a Comment