*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

September 24, 2018

Wynn Mountain Glacier National Park September 19, 2018

Today didn't look very promising with relation to the weather and well, it turned out to be just that.  We headed up and decided at Cardston that the Many Glacier area looked the best and we figured we'd try out Wynn Mountain.  The first while the tops of the mountains were under cloud cover and eventually we got high enough that we were in that cloud cover.  There was the odd time that it looked like it would clear, but it never did.  We stayed on the summit for quite some time because it looked like it could break but it didn't.  The hike wasn't bad and the view would have been great.  We did get a good look at Cracker Lake upon descent.

Our view at Many Glacier in the morning

Wynn Mountain in the clouds

Creek bed we climbed up

If this creek bed was full of water it would be a little trickier

Continuing up the creek  bed

Our first view of Cracker Lake in the middle

Our view up the gully we climbed up

On the summit looking down through the fog

The Summit Cairn

One of the moments it opened up to see Cracker Lake

Pretty similar looking cloud cover as on approach

The fall colors were in full force today

More fall colors

Sunset at Many Glacier

Track of Hike


No comments:

Post a Comment