*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

July 14, 2018

House Fire July 2, 2018

Well this has nothing to do with hiking, but this does apply with the blog, the road less traveled.  Well we had a life changing experience on July 2nd.  At about 7:30 we had a house fire.  We had just returned from dinner with family in Lethbridge and My wife dropped me off at my mom's house.  Then a few minutes later I got a call from my sister in law that my house was on fire.   We rushed over and it was real.  The neighbors were using garden hoses to try and put it out, and then a group of friends and neighbors helped us empty our garage.  Within minutes the fire trucks were there and they had it put out fairly quickly.  Unfortunately the damage had been done.  The cause is still unknown but luckily everyone was safe and now we have the process of rebuilding our home and re-acquiring all our stuff.  We'll see how the insurance company goes, so far so good.  It is times like these where you sit back and realize what is really important.  Since the fire we've gone through and found stuff that has been damaged beyond repair and found stuff that was ok and no damage was done.  It's all about perspective.  I Love my little family and am so grateful they are all safe.  Here are a few pictures of our experience.  There will be many to come I'm sure!

Smoke before the fire trucks showed up

First view inside one of the windows, that is my family room where the fire originated.  

Fireman resting on the lawn, they stayed and watched the house during the night

First pictures inside the house the next day, this is my bathroom, that floor isn't black!

Laundry room down stairs

Spare room where I kept a lot of my memorabilia 

Family room rubble
 
More family room rubble

My Transformers...all melted

Boys lego, some melted

Entertainment area of family room all destroyed

Fireplace where the fire probably originated

The unpardonable, I'm throwing away Oilers memorabilia 

This was something I had that belonged to my Great-Grandmother, well I guess I won't be getting that back

Our pile of junk in our garage that will be tossed due to smoke damage

This was only 5 days after the fire, see how quick the smoke and soot corrodes guns!! good thing I noticed early enough

Photo Sphere of our Family room

No comments:

Post a Comment