*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

July 14, 2018

Goat Mountain Glacier National Park July 11, 2018

Well this was a good little day with some pretty scenery in Glacier National Park.  It was my oldest boys birthday, and he didn't want to go hiking??? Anyways it was a great day.  We started at Sunrift Gorge and went down the trail of Siyeh Pass for a while, then eventually headed up the scree to the summit of Goat Mountain.  On the way up we got a great view of Goat Lake which is a lake that isn't very accessible.  Near the end of our hike I learned why, because the only way in is through some heavy bush and cliffs.  On the summit we had a great view of Gunsight Lake and a good view of Mt. Jackson which we want to hike in a few weeks.  On descent we decided to head down to Otokomi Lake and come out that way and it was a good decision.  It was a pretty descent and the lake was beautiful.  Great day and one more peak to add to my list.

Sunrift Gorge

Looking across St. Mary's to Little Chief

Going to the Sun Mountain was our view for the morning with the Sexton Glacier below it

Starting to see Mt. Jackson right of center with all the snow on it

Goat Lake

Using my wide angle lens looking down on Goat Lake

Funky rocks on the ridge

On the Summit looking towards Divide Mountain

Looking down on Otokomi Lake

Huge snow drift we came across

Cool cliffs on our way down

Last view of Going to the Sun Mountain as we descended

Awesome valley going down to Otokomi Lake

Pretty Waterfalls above Otokomi Lake

Otokomi Lake

Tried out my portrait mode on my phone while taking this picture of the Bear Grass

Purple Pine cones!

On descent we got a good look at Red Eagle Mountain. From here the false summit looks higher than the true summit.

Summit Panorama


No comments:

Post a Comment