*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 02, 2017

Crowsnest Mountain August 2, 2017

Well this was a mountain I had wanted to do for some time, but things had never worked out, but today it did work out.  The only down side of today was the clouds didn't allow us to see anything for 3/4 of the hike.  It was still a great day, just no views on top.  I haven't been socked in this bad on a summit in a while, but at least we got to the top.  It is quite the steep up hill the whole way hike to the summit.  The total days distance round trip is about 9 km and the way up is up hill the entire way.  The chain part was kind of neat, definitely more needed for coming down than up.  We had a pretty big group today and I find sometimes half of the enjoyment in hiking is the people you spend it with, the other half is the views so today it wasn't "half" that bad!  I will have to do this one again on a clear day but at least I know the way up now and really there is a pretty good trail all the way up.

Starting Trail sign at the beginning of the hike

This is the gully we took up that leads to the chain area

Opposite view of the picture above

Parkers chilling place on the summit

Group Summit Picture

Heading down in the fog

Chain area on the way down

Finally clearing up after the chain area

Picture opposite of the above shot

Could finally see the cliffs we were hiking around

Looking back at the gully we headed up to the chains

Seven sisters finally coming into view

Scree slope on the way down

Probably the most we saw of the mountain the entire day, from the very end of course

Map my hike Track

Summit video

Summit Panorama (mostly clouds)

No comments:

Post a Comment