*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

July 29, 2017

Mt. Oberlin July 29, 2017

Today was family summit day, this was a fairly easy summit and that is why it was bring the kids day.  It was a really good fun hike.  The family loved it and this hike is definitely a good bang for your buck.  Kind of like bears hump in Waterton, it isn't very hard or long to get up top of but the views from the top are spectacular.  We had to arrive early though because Logan's Pass parking lot is crazy especially on a Saturday.  We got there at 8 am and it was almost full...crazy.  We then needed to cool off after the hike and headed to a river and swam for a bit, these past few weeks have been terribly warm and it was good to cool down!

Our goal for the day on the right

Beautiful waterfalls on the way up

Clements mountain in the background and quite a difference in how much less snow there is in just around a month, but we got to play on a few patches on the way up

Another view of Clements

Crazy chimney on the way up, my son wanted to jump onto this and I said no-way!

View from the summit looking down on Logan's Pass parking lot on the left
Family summit picture

Another view of Clements

Sliding down the snow
Summit Panorama (Lots of people on the hike today so a few in the panorama)






No comments:

Post a Comment