*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

July 04, 2017

Crypt Lake June 28, 2017

So I had my brother and his family up and they wanted to do a little hike.  My brother had never done Crypt Lake before so we decided to do it.  So since last fall my son and I took the canoe across the Bosporus and had no problems we figured with a big group we could do the same.  Well I forgot one thing.  We had hiked in the fall when the brush is dying and not lush like in the spring also the wind today was pretty bad and we almost tipped the canoe a time or two.  Anyways the extra 4 km each way of hiking to the Crypt lake boat dock was a little harder than before so it made for an extra long day and extra effort.  Anyways we made it.  It was still a great day and the highlight for me was seeing all the bear grass that is in bloom this year and seeing ice on the lake.  My track this time lost its signal twice so the track will be a little wonky this time.

The Thick Bushing

Found some Elk Horn Sheds

Finally out of the Bush

Beautiful sunny day looking down Waterton Lake

My 7 year old was getting most of the bush right in the face, our shins were nice and scrapped too!

Thimble berry bush flower

Another Flower

Another Flower

More Flowers

My Favorite bear grass

There was tonnes of it

Another bear grass shot

Last bear grass shot

Another flower

Crypt falls had lots of water coming down it this year

Still ice on the Lake

Glacier Lily

The bear we saw on the way back
Photo Sphere at Crypt Lake



No comments:

Post a Comment