*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 16, 2017

Mount Rowe Aug 16, 2017

Well still tired from last weeks 5 day hike I figured I'd go for something a little closer to home.  I had heard there were trail closures in Waterton and figured that Mt. Rowe was good to go.  I later found out that the trail closures also included all off trail hiking as well...oops.  It was kind of neat to have a helicopter spot us, circle us for a bit and then drop down and get out to tell us to go down.  We initially had hoped to climb the ridge over to Lineham as well but that was thwarted by the Parks Officials...but that was OK we had already bagged one peak for the day.  And I figure it is better to live by the rules and to obey them.  So I had done this hike many years before and so we took the trail all the way up to the Upper Rowe Lake and then went around to the west side of the lake and headed up that ridge and gained the continental divide ridge and took it back all the way to the summit.  Quite an easy hike, we actually had summitted in 2 hours and 30 minutes and the day was looking good to summit Lineham as well until the helicopter met us.  Anyways great day, little hazy from the smoke but we'll have to get Lineham another time, which I'm sure we will.

Rowe Meadow, a little dryer this year due to the heat we have received

Creek coming through Rowe Meadow

Looking down on Rowe Meadow

Upper Rowe Lake

On the continental divide ridge looking at Forum and Wall Lakes

Looking down on Upper and Middle Rowe Lakes

Rowe Lakes again from the Summit

Summit Picture

Cameron Lake and Mt. Custer

This is the ridge we took up from the lake

Our Helicopter visitors

This was the ridge we had hoped to traverse to Mt. Lineham

Heading down

Dried out creek bed between Middle and Lower Rowe Lakes

Middle Rowe Lake

View looking down on Lower Rowe Lake
Panorama on Summit



No comments:

Post a Comment