*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 06, 2016

Waterton Family Holiday Various Excursions July 20-27, 2016

Our family "staycation" this year was to go to Waterton, We borrowed my in-law's camper and booked off two weeks in Waterton.  We had a great time.  Here are a bunch of the #itookthepathlesstraveledby experiences.

Hiking up Red Rock Canyon July 20:

One of my favorite pass times at Waterton, hiking up the creek bed at Red Rock Canyon.

Some of our crew

Blakiston Mountain in the background

One of the slides

Another shot with Blakiston Mountain in the background

Love the rock colors here

More of the red rock

Pictures never do justice
Track of Hiking up Red Rock


Overnight hike to Bertha Bay July 20-21:

My brother-in-law and I took our two same aged kids and had an overnight backpacking short trip to Bertha Bay.

On our way

Keeping the food from the bears!

Bed time selfie!

Morning shot

All packed up and ready to head back

Group shot

Trail's end
Track of Hiking to Bertha Bay


Hike to Crandell Lake July 21:

My nephew getting a ride

The stragglers

Went for a little swim

View of Galwey

Family shot
Track to Crandell Lake


Midnight hike up Bear's Hump July 21:

Moon coming over Vimy looking down on town-site

Long shutter group picture

Long shutter photo tricks

Tried spelling something

Track up Bear's Hump


"Olsen" Falls and boat tour of Upper Waterton Lake July 22:

A friend who runs the Blakiston and Company Paddle boarding business in Waterton took us to a sweet unknown part of the park.  It is at the base of Hell Roaring falls and all you do is hike a little ways up from the shore line and you have this sweet spot to cliff jump.  He says you can hike up the sides and there are many pools to jump into.  He also took us on a little tour of the lake all the way down to Goat Haunt.

Calm day on the lake

Great view down Waterton Lake

Love the paddle boarders!

Great view of Crandell

Heading to the falls

Little hidden secret of Waterton

Group shot

Track to "Olsen Falls"

Photo Sphere of Falls

Video of my brother-in-law cliff jumping

Photo sphere at the end of the Lake near Goat Haunt


Calm night on Waterton Lake July July 25:

Rare site to see the lake this calm

Loved the reflection of the sun setting on Vimy

More calm shots

Last sun of the day hitting the mountains

Beautiful night I could have sat here forever

Kids enjoyed skipping rocks on the calm lake
Photo sphere of calm lake night


Geocaching July 26:

The Park had a geocaching activity that we all completed one night, we got all 8 Geocaches and got a token coin for getting all the clues.

1 of 8 Geocaches

2 of 8 Geocaches

3 of 8 Geocache

4 of 8 Geocaches

5 of 8 Geocaches

6 of 8 Geocaches

7 of 8 Geocaches

8 of 8 Geocaches

View of the Bosporous near one of the Geocaches

Driftwood Lodge!

Linnet Lake

Bison Paddocks

View from Bears Hump final Geocache
Track of Linnet Lake

Track up Bear's Hump


Canoeing on Waterton Lake July 27:

My wife had to take my oldest son to participate in his school marching band for a parade, so the rest of us relaxed on the lake.

Another calm day relaxing

Parker's first time paddling!

Great shot across the bosporous to Prince of Wales
Track of Canoeing

No comments:

Post a Comment