*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 08, 2016

Carthew/Alderson Summit July 28, 2016

This was hike number two in our family triple crown, and I will say this was probably the most tranquil day I have ever seen at Cameron Lake.  I submitted one of my photos of the lake to the Waterton Photo Contest and we'll see if I win!  Anyways nothing much else to say about this hike, I've done it many times and taken many pictures, but the kids did great and had a good time.

Akamina Lake with a little mist on it

My little family minus my oldest son

Gorgeous Cameron Lake, for another picture see link below

Summit lake equally calm

Our crew on the top

Heading down

A look back at the ridge traversed a few days earlier

Alderson Lake

I decided to take a quick detour here as I had never actually stopped at this lake on the way back

Cameron Lake Panorama

Panorama on Summit

Track of Hike

No comments:

Post a Comment