*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 14, 2016

Akamina Ridge August 13, 2016

Today we finished the Triple Crown of Waterton as a family.  Today was another #milesformarkellingson day as we were joined by my sisters' families.  We had a pretty good sized group as we headed up to the top.  The day was great I had done this hike twice before but had always accessed the ridge from the ridge east of Forum lake and this time we got up by taking the ridge between Forum lake and Wall lake.  This is the actual path for the hike, it just makes you double back to summit Forum Peak if you want to summit it, which a bunch of us did.  The sky was nice and clear, it was just a little windy on top.  Once again mapmyhike tracking software didn't work so I only got the google track of this hike, but since it is a well marked trail it isn't that important to post.

Forum Lake

Heading up ridge between Forum Lake and Wall Lake (that is Forum Lake in picture)

First view of Wall Lake from the ascent ridge

Looking back to the Carthew/Alderson Summit area

It got pretty steep coming up this ridge, but the kids did great

Beautiful view from this ridge

This high point in the middle was our goal for the day (Akamina Ridge)

Akamina Ridge overlooking Wall Lake

This is from Forum Peak overlooking Cameron Lake

Mt. Custer from Forum Peak

Another shot of Cameron Lake

First Cairn on Forum Peak (Kinnerly and Kintla Peaks on left)

Another shot of Cameron Lake

2nd Cairn on Forum

Great view into Glacier Park, that is upper Kintla Lake in the middle

Another closer view of the above picture

Our summiters of Forum Peak overlooking Cameron Lake

Forum Lake from above

Rejoining our group who rested while the rest of us went to Forum Peak

Amazing views of Kinnerly and Kintla

Kinnerly and Kintla

Agassiz Glacier

Boulder Pass

Our crew on the top

Saw a bald eagle on the way down

Coming down and got some great view looking down on Wall Lake

This kids called this rainbow ridge..you can see why

Another great shot of Wall Lake on descent

Closer view of the "Wall" above Wall lake

Beautiful year for flowers

Another view of the Wall

A Moose that kind of scared us as it ran frantically by us just after Wall Lake.  He didn't look to happy to see us

Alberta/B.C. cut line
Panorama on Forum Peak


No comments:

Post a Comment