*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

September 04, 2017

Cavell Pond September 3, 2016

Even though this wasn't a very distant hike, this was probably one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.  So we secured the permit we needed two days before to come up to this area (construction limiting 180 vehicles each day).  And we were sure glad we did because it was awesome.  Would have liked it being more clear and sunny but it was still amazing.  So we hiked to Cavell Pond which is only about 1 km each way and then we explored around the pond.  We had incredible views of Cavell glacier and Angel glacier.  Anyways it started raining so we had to head out but I want to hike this mountain one day soon.

View of Mt. Edith Cavell from the parking lot

Angel Glacier

Angel Glacier again

Mt. Edith Cavell above Cavell Glacier

Both Glaciers in same picture

Closer look at Angel Glacier

Family shot

Cavell Glacier

Iceberg in Cavell Pond

Fog obscuring our view of Angel Glacier

Hiked closer to the falls below Angel Glacier

Closer look at Cavell Glacier

Close up of the falls

Someone rock cairn

Picture gives a little perspective of the size (see the man in the middle)

Heading out with cloud cover and rain getting worse
Photo Sphere from first lookout



No comments:

Post a Comment