*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

August 14, 2018

Parker Ridge Banff National Park August 10, 2018

Well this was one of my shortest peaks ever, but it was significant because Parker is my son's name and I figured it would be cool to summit his Ridge.  Once again the smoke really made the views suck, but I could only imagine how awesome the views were on this ridge on a clear day.  This is trailed the entire way and I did it in my runners and we only took one little backpack to carry our water.  I'd do this one again on a clear day to get a view of the Saskatchewan Glacier which is where the Saskatchewan River starts.

On the way up with Mt. Athabasca on the left of middle

Summit Picture

On the way down see the haze

Parker on the meadows of Parker Ridge

View of the Saskatchewan Glacier

Track of Hike

Panorama on Summit

Summit Video

No comments:

Post a Comment