*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

February 14, 2016

Grad 6 Ski Trip with my Daughter February 9, 2016

I'm not much of a skier.  But this was my 4th time skiing.  Our Elementary School has had a tradition of taking the Grad 6's on a ski trip for years.  When I was in Grad 6 that was my first time skiing.  I have since accompanied my two oldest kids skiing on this trip so this was my third Grad 6 ski trip.  The other time I went down hill skiing was in Grade 7.  So I'm not the most experienced skier.  Anyways this was a beautiful day the weather was in the positive temperatures and there was only a little wind.  I had a blast with my daughter and we had a good day together, even though at the end she tried a few more difficult runs and wiped out a few times. She said she was never going skiing again!  We'll see!

Top of Huckleberry Chair

Going up the Huckleberry Chair looking south

Beautiful Peaks all around

My Daughter and her cousin getting ready to be tested after they had their lessons

Heading up the Huckleberry chair lift

Before our first run down Buffalo Flats

Looking North East from the top of Huckleberry Chair lift

Looking down from Huckleberry Chair lift

Mt. Haig overlooking us

Sunset on the way home

Another shot of the sunset on Mt. Blakiston

Another shot of the sunset, it was beautiful

Panorama at the Top of Huckleberry Chair

Google Tracks of a few of the runs done:









No comments:

Post a Comment