*I hope people use their own wise judgement when hiking always plan ahead and be prepared. One should never go beyond their abilities.*

Over the years I've had a few goals my first was to Summit all the Peaks of Waterton. Here is My Waterton Summit List I completed that goal on September 26, 2016.

My next goal I'm still working on and that is to summit the 6 10,000 foot Summmits of Glacier National Park. I have one left Kintla.

My 2018 Goal that I accomplished was to summit 40 peaks in my 40th year and that I finished on September 26, 2018.

Not sure what will be my next goal, once Glacier's Summits are done?

I commonly use 3 Hashtags on my social media. The first one is #itookthepathlesstraveledby which is to reference this blog. The next two relate to my father and grandfather who were also hikers. #milesformarkellingson is to remember my
Dad, Mark Ellingson and #dustfromthetrailandhowitsettledonme is to remember my Grandfather Earl Ellingson

July 06, 2019

Mount Tecumseh Crowsnest Pass July 3, 2019

So the forecast looked like garbage everywhere close so we had to go a little further today, but we picked the right spot as we had a beautiful day.  We had a large group today and it made it enjoyable.  We had about a 4 km approach on a service road then we started our grunt up the mountain.  The first bit was pretty neat going through a dried up canyon then we hit a pretty nasty scree section.  Once we reached the summit ridge it was all worth the effort.  We had a spectacular ridge walk wit Crowsnest mountain looming to the left of us and on the summit we had absolutely no wind.  Usually when there is no wind on top there are bugs but we had neither today which was great.  So the scree slog on the way down wasn't the greatest either.  Aside from the scree slot up and down this was a great day in a very not so traveled area.  According to the register on the top we were the first party this year to summit this mountain.

Canyoneering up the canyon!

Bridge of Boys

More of the canyon

It was too tough in the Canyon so we had to leave it

Another Canyon Shot

Small Bouldering section

The flowers were amazing in this little valley

The scree slog

Finally on the ridge

View on the ridge of the summit and Crowsnest

7 Sisters and Crowsnest looked awesome, would have been better with no cloud cover though

Father and son shot

Coming down getting ready for the scree slog down

We tried a different way down to maybe get a better scree, but it was about the same

More of the slog

Summit Video


No comments:

Post a Comment